Welcome to TheRugStores Blog
Whether they are trying to get you to take them for a walk or telling you exactly when they are due their evening meal, dogs are awesome!
1. According to scientists in Japan, when a dog and its owner look into each others eyes, oxytocin is released which is a hormone associated with trust and love.
2. Dogs alert you when it's time for walkies this might only be because they need to go do their business but think of the health benefits for you. Walking a dog burns calories, so that means you wont feel guilty when you eat that slice of cake later.
3. Dogs can do amazing things, such as Swansea Jack who saved a total of 27 people from drowning in his lifetime.
4. Children who grow up with dogs have a lower risk of developing eczema unlike those who own cats or no dog at all.
5. They will welcome you home as if you have been gone for months, even though you only popped out to the shops for 10 min. Maybe Simon is trying to spend more time with his owner by doing the shopping for them in our 2016 video.
Love cats? Check out our top 5 reasons why we think cats are awesome!1. Cats can make 100 different sounds, whereas dogs can only make 10.2. Adult cats only meow at humans. This is sometimes to alert it's human to something being medically wrong, to get you to play with them or just to say [...]
Some say that owners resemble their pets. What do you think? Are you a well behaved German Shepherd or a glamorous Persian cat? At The Rug Stores we like to go that one step further and decided to match the purrfect rugs to our furry friends personalities instead, after all they love a good rug [...]
Buying a new floor can be a daunting task but we are here to help you decide on the right investment for your home, that you will love for years to come.Laminate flooring can be a much less expensive option than solid wood flooring but without losing that natural warm look we all love. The [...]
If you have been following our Facebook posts recently you will have noticed a few new rugs making an appearance. Asiatic rugs have launched their new 2016 collection with rugs to suit all tastes and we are very excited to make them available to you! With such an amazing selection to fit a wide range of budgets, all [...]
It’s that time of year again when we think about clearing out the old and making way for the new! With Pantone releasing its new colour palette for Spring 2016, we want to help you find ways of incorporating it into your life and home through our top 4 spring tips.No.1Yellow can be an uplifting, [...]
Whether you're hosting a party or having a cosy night in, the Rug Stores is here to get you Valentines Day ready! We found the most delicious recipes and the cutest decor on the web. We have even highlighted our most Valentines Day worthy red rugs to add a pop of colour to any room in your [...]
Completely redecorating a room, or simply giving it an upgrade, can be both fun and rewarding. However, am I the only one who thinks it can be a little overwhelming? Colour schemes can make or break a room, and figuring out how to create a colour-balanced room without a professional may seem impossible! Where is the happy medium between [...]
The Rug & Flooring Stores is very excited to announce that, due to our excellent services, we have received The Guild of Master Craftsmen Award. This Guild is the UK's most established trade association, representing skilled and rated tradesmen, craftspeople and artisans who strive for excellence in workmanship.The Rug & Flooring Stores was invited to the [...]
No 1: Bringing The Outdoors InThroughout 2015 we’ve watched Instagram bloggers and home interior magazines slowly incorporate plants and garden elements into indoor designs. In 2016, we are sure to see more nature-inspired styles in every type of room. Blogging couple “New Darlings” exemplifies this outdoor feel in their trendy living room. We’ve matched a similar [...]